[freeside] Billing + Freeside Bill Script

ivan ivan at 420.am
Thu Jun 22 03:59:25 PDT 2000

On Wed, Jun 21, 2000 at 03:13:36PM +1200, Colin wrote:
> Hello, sorry for being a nusiance.
>
> I have a question regarding the billing of customers. Currently we bill
> all customers at the beginning of each month, so this means that the
> customer should receive an invoice several days before the beginning of
> the next month. It seems as though freeside does not allow customers to
> be bill before the date of the next bill.
> Eg, Clicking on 'Bill Now' does not create an invoice as the date for
> next bill is 01 July 2000.
> We also liked to bill every single customer at the same time, it seems
> as though this can be acheived by using the freeside-bill script in
> /bin. Again, does not seem to bill customers until the next bill date is
> matched, even if i specify the date in the command line.

You can use the -d option of freeside-bill to run billing as if it's a
different date.  As per my previous message, Freeside does not currently
support pro-rating or 1st-of-the-month billing, only anniversery billing.

> When running
> this script, also receive errors regarding the card number -
>
> Billing customer #1025
> Error collecting customer #1025:Error adding to cust_pay_batch: Illegal
> or empty
>  (numeric) cardnum: 1234 1234 1234 1 at /usr/bin/freeside-bill line 65.

`1234 1234 1234 1' is not a valid card number and could not have been
added to the database using the Freeside web interface or Perl API, which
strips all non-numeric characters from credit card numbers before storing
them in the database.

If you're going to modify the database manually and put illegal values in
the database, you shouldn't be surprised when you get errors.

> Not quite sure what this means, but the cust_pay_batch table in mysql
> does not contain any data for any of the customers, even for those that
> had no error during the script.

You probably don't have any customers with legal credit card numbers in
the database.

> I also noticed when viewing the cust_bill table in mysql, some of the
> invoices are print 1 while other have 0 in the field. I don't have a
> printer hooked up yet, but does this mean that the invoices are printed
> each time you run the freeside-bill script, but it won't explain why
> some print while other don't.

I can't parse this sentence.

--
meow