[freeside] Billing + Freeside Bill Script

Colin colinc at terrigal.net.au
Thu Jun 22 16:45:20 PDT 2000

> > When running
> > this script, also receive errors regarding the card number -
> >
> > Billing customer #1025
> > Error collecting customer #1025:Error adding to cust_pay_batch: Illegal
> > or empty
> >  (numeric) cardnum: 1234 1234 1234 1 at /usr/bin/freeside-bill line 65.
>
> `1234 1234 1234 1' is not a valid card number and could not have been
> added to the database using the Freeside web interface or Perl API, which
> strips all non-numeric characters from credit card numbers before storing
> them in the database.

> If you're going to modify the database manually and put illegal values in
> the database, you shouldn't be surprised when you get errors.

Didn't know we had to enter the credit card numbers through the database :(

> > Not quite sure what this means, but the cust_pay_batch table in mysql
> > does not contain any data for any of the customers, even for those that
> > had no error during the script.
>
> You probably don't have any customers with legal credit card numbers in
> the database.

Yes, we have manually entered all the customer details into mysql including
credit card numbers
as we had to transfer the data from Access 97. They are all legal numbers,
i've simply change the
number in the above example for privacy reasons.

Is there any way to strip the non characters from the number whilst they have
already been entered
in the database? It's a bit tedious having to go through and reenter them in
via the web interface.

> > I also noticed when viewing the cust_bill table in mysql, some of the
> > invoices are print 1 while other have 0 in the field. I don't have a
> > printer hooked up yet, but does this mean that the invoices are printed
> > each time you run the freeside-bill script, but it won't explain why
> > some print while other don't.
>
> I can't parse this sentence.

The cust_bill table keeps a record of how many times an invoice is printed,
what i'm trying to say
is that after running the billing script only some of the invoices seems to be
updated to 1 while others
are not.
Does the billing script also print the invoices to the printer when it is run?

Thanks.