[freeside] thanks, and another..

ivan ivan at 420.am
Tue Jul 18 07:42:36 PDT 2000

On Wed, May 10, 2000 at 08:57:41PM +0000, Mark Dzmura wrote:
> Thanks for the pointer on the billing script.
>
> I am having a few more problems with 1.2.3:
>
> 1. Sometimes a new user "disappears" after having packages configured.
> I have since found out that the reason is that I have both of the "hide*"
> files in the conf/ directory (because I wanted to minimize clutter on
> sales-oriented screens).

This is a problem with the `hidecancelledcustomers' and
`hidecancelledpackages' configuration files in 1.2.3, and is fixed in the
current CVS tree.  See
<http://www.sisd.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb/freeside/FS/FS/cust_main.pm?r1=1.4&r2=1.5>
for the diffs.

I'll try to get 1.2.4 out soon.

>  What I don't understand is the reason freeside
> has set the CANCEL field to null in the service.

On the package, you mean?  That simply means the package isn't cancelled.
If the package is cancelled, the `cancel' database field is set to the
timestamp when the package was cancelled.

> 2. I am unable to use the new customer form's ability to add an initial package
> at account creation time.  I get the error "illegal value for SLIPIP"..
> Now, in general, I have no use for a SLIPIP for dialup customers, so I
> initially set it to OFF/UNUSED/whatever in the svc_acct template form
> for the dialup services, but it still shows up on the configuration forms.
> Since then I have tried all other possibilities and can't get the SLIPIP
> to go away...  Is it possible that the values of the various _flag fields
> in the template table aren't being looked at ??

I suppose it's possible, but I doubt it.

If you don't have a use for the SLIPIP field, but still want dialup users,
set it to fixed and '0e0'.

> 3. I can't specify a user's email address as the destination for an invoice at
> account creation time, because the software determines that the account doesn't
> exist yet and won't allow it to be entered...  This is an unfortunate cat-chase-tail
> dilemma -

Yes, it is, isn't it?

> but it means that (given #2 above), we have to (1) create a new user,
> (2) add a basic package, and (3) edit the user to set the invoice destination to
> the user's email address...  Is there some fix for this??

Nope, not yet.

> 4. Also, it is a pain to keep going back to add new packages to each of the agent types.
> "It would be nice if" the package def form had a multiselect combo box, radio buttons,
> or some such for each agent category to let you allow/disallow agents at package setup time.
> (I know - send the patch !!)

Exactly.

--
meow