MORE: SSH adding users to shell machine

Chris macgyver at sonicisp.net
Thu Sep 30 20:58:54 PDT 1999

Ok, I kept reading and reading and.... reading...

Now I can log in from the freeside machine to the shell machine without
having to enter any passwords etc. and my freeside user on the shell machine
is UID 0 so I can then use the useradd...  it all SHOULD work.  But doesn't.

>From what I can see, ssh on the freeside machine is never even being
envoked.  I DO have a shellmachine in the conf file and I checked to make
sure that nossh_hack was not some how set.  I don't know what else to look
for.  I know VERY little about Perl so I can't really take the programs
apart.  Beside, I assume that they must work anyway.  One thing I do wonder
about in the svc_acct.pm program is that it looks like ssh is going to try
to log in as "root" rather than the freeside user (ie. FREESIDE)  This won't
work.  'Course first things first, ssh has to at least run to get me that
far - and it's not.  I'm still missing something that will tell freeside to
try to do the useradd by envoking ssh.  Any ideas anyone?

Thanks,
Chris