[freeside] svc_acct customization

Ivan Kohler ivan at sisd.com
Wed Sep 22 06:36:35 PDT 1999

On Tue, Sep 21, 1999 at 03:05:08PM -0600, Mike Hayward wrote:
> I just set up fs-1.2.2.  Then I:
>
> Added an Agent Type
> Added an Agent
> Added a Referral
> Added a Package
> Added a Service and Bound it to a Package
> Added a Customer
> Add a Package to a Customer
> Configured a Service for a Customer
>
> When I hit Submit at the URL:
>
>   http://fs.loup.net/edit/process/svc_acct.cgi
>
> | Software error:
> |
> | Can't call method "getfield" without a package or object reference at
> | /home/httpd/FS/edit/process/svc_acct.cgi line 63.
> |
> | For help, please send mail to the webmaster (hayward at loup.net), giving
> | this error message and the time and date of the error. ;

Does this happen when you are editing an existing, or adding a new
account?

Are you using mod_perl?  (You should have sent a description of your
platform and versions, as outlined in the message you received when you
signed up to the mailng list)

Also, please fetch the latest version of htdocs/edit/process/svc_acct.cgi
from CVS or
<http://www.sisd.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb/freeside/htdocs/edit/process/svc_acct.cgi>,
which contains better error message for this particular problem.  Let me
know what error message (if any) you get using the new file.

> If I put in a password (instead of leaving *HIDDEN*) I get a different error:

Does the `*HIDDEN*' show up when you are adding a new account?  It
shouldn't - if it is, let me know.

(Does the `*HIDDEN*' show up when you are adding a new account, and
specify the password, then receive an error and are returned to the form?)

> | Error: Illegal shell `'; /usr/local/etc/freeside//conf.DBI:mysql:freeside/shells contains:
>
> The fact is, I don't have a shells file because I do not want shell
> access configured or tracked at all since there are no shell accounts
> for customers in the setup I'm using.

Then you should put a single empty line in the shells configuration file,
as specified by config.html: `A blank line specifies that an empty shell
is permitted.'.

In the service definition(s), you should also set the shell field to
fixed and empty.

> Am I right in assuming that if I want to change what happens when a
> new svc_acct is created, that I need to replace (or modify)
> svc_acct.pm with a custom version?  Do I need to modify any other files?

For some definition of "change what heppens".  What do you want to change,
specifically?

--
Ivan Kohler <ivan at sisd.com> - finger for PGP key - <moc.dsis at navi> Relhok Navi
Open-source billing and administration for ISPs - http://www.sisd.com/freeside