svc_acct customization

Mike Hayward hayward at loup.net
Tue Sep 21 14:07:27 PDT 1999

I just set up fs-1.2.2.  Then I:

Added an Agent Type
Added an Agent
Added a Referral
Added a Package
Added a Service and Bound it to a Package
Added a Customer
Add a Package to a Customer
Configured a Service for a Customer

When I hit Submit at the URL:

  http://fs.loup.net/edit/process/svc_acct.cgi

| Software error:
|
| Can't call method "getfield" without a package or object reference at
| /home/httpd/FS/edit/process/svc_acct.cgi line 63.
|
| For help, please send mail to the webmaster (hayward at loup.net), giving
| this error message and the time and date of the error. ;

If I put in a password (instead of leaving *HIDDEN*) I get a different error:

| Error: Illegal shell `'; /usr/local/etc/freeside//conf.DBI:mysql:freeside/shells contains:

The fact is, I don't have a shells file because I do not want shell
access configured or tracked at all since there are no shell accounts
for customers in the setup I'm using.

Am I right in assuming that if I want to change what happens when a
new svc_acct is created, that I need to replace (or modify)
svc_acct.pm with a custom version?  Do I need to modify any other
files?

- Mike