Integration with RADIUS and mail

Kenn Martin kmartin at infoteam.com
Mon Oct 11 11:55:15 PDT 1999

We've been using Freeside for a couple weeks in a test rollout.  Does
anyone have any pointers on integrating Freeside/MySQL with ICRADIUS
(Cistron + MySQL)?  We will also want to tie into Cyrus with MySQL in
the very near future.  Is there any clear design document that illustrates
where the hooks would be made?

I've seen comments in a file or two that leads me to believe it is
doable, but I just need pointed in the right direction.  I've also
seen comments in the archives about replication through MySQL.  Is
that what will ultimately be required or is there a tighter (more
integrated solution)?

If it matters, the systems are running FreeBSD 3.3-STABLE, Freeside-1.2.2,
MySQL-3.22.26a, ICRADIUS-0.9, Cyrus-1.5.19, and Postfix-19990906-pl02.

Thanks,
Kenn