Export Question

Ivan Kohler ivan at sisd.com
Tue May 11 03:25:28 PDT 1999

On Wed, Apr 28, 1999 at 08:38:16PM +0000, Kristian Hoffmann wrote:
> I can't quite seem to figure out how this exporting works.  From what I
> understand, when you run svc_acct.export, it rewrites the /etc/passwd,
> /etc/shadow, etc. files.  Is this only for initial setups with the
> export hooks being in the pm's?

You can use both, or just one method.

You can put svc_acct.export in cron and run it periodically.

You probably need to run svc_acct_sm.export periodically to export new
configuration files for sendmail or qmail.

> btw, thanks for all the help.  Everyone's been very helpful and I really appreciate it.  Also, Ivan, if you could e-mail me privately about syncing with CVS I can start sending you the code for my exporting/radius tweaks.
>
> (Sorry if this message wordwraps weird, I'm testing out a new webmail server)

Your message doesn't wrap at 80 columns.  :)

--
Ivan Kohler <ivan at sisd.com> - finger for PGP key - <moc.dsis at navi> Relhok Navi
Open-source billing and administration for ISPs - http://www.sisd.com/freeside