Conf.pm at line 76

Ivan Kohler ivan at sisd.com
Wed May 12 00:09:43 PDT 1999

Can anyone confirm if this bug appears in 5.005_02 unthreaded?

Has a normal install of 5.005_03 fixed this for everyone?  (please only
post to the list if it hasn't!)

Don't use threaded perl for production machines.  I would have thought all
the warnings about how experemental threads were would have warned you
off.  ;)

I just added a note to the documentation.

5.004_04 - no

5.005_02 threaded - buggy
5.005_02 normal - ?
5.005_03 threaded - ?
5.005_03 normal - no

On Wed, May 12, 1999 at 07:29:57AM +0200, Andrew Cameron wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I solved this problem by Installing Perl 5.005_3 without threads
>
> It coould be that either Perl 5.005_2 has a bug in it or it may be that
> the threads compile option was causing the problem.
>
> Regards
> Andrew
>
> On Tue, 11 May 1999, Joel Griffiths wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 11 May 1999, you sed:
> > > I've patched Conf.pm in CVS, and attached the patch.  It won't solve your
> > >                                          ^^^
> > > Incidentally, your transcription of this line is wrong.  There is no `$fh',
> >
> > Sorry about that. I added that so I could get a better idea of what was
> > happening.
> >
> > >As you've figured out, multiple lines being read as a single line is the
> > >cause of your various problems.
> > >
> > >You aren't by any chance writing the configuration files on a Mac or
> > >Windows machine or something else with strange notions about line
> > >delimters?
> > >
> > >Is $/ set to "\n" ?
> > Mac, Windows - Uhg. Nope, not me. ;-)
> >
> > Unfortunately, I could not check the $/ parameter. That may have been the
> > problem, though. I reinstalled everything from scratch so I can't check this.
> > Perhaps 5.005_2 doesn't set this properly and 5.005_3 does.
> >
> > BTW, I would like to apologize to the mailing list for my impatience.
> >
> > Sincerely, Joel Griffiths

> Andrew Cameron
> Internet:  andrew at ibi.co.za
> Internet:  apcameron at intch.co.za

Ivan Kohler <ivan at sisd.com> - finger for PGP key - <moc.dsis at navi> Relhok Navi
Open-source billing and administration for ISPs - http://www.sisd.com/freeside
20 4,16 * * * saytime # please don't be surprised if you find me dreaming too