Add Customer

Ivan Kohler ivan at sisd.com
Fri Jun 18 13:19:42 PDT 1999

On Fri, Jun 18, 1999 at 02:51:16PM -0500, Scott Cruzen wrote:
> On the Add Customer screen, if a package has more than one service
> assigned to it (for example, an account with dialup and an extra pop
> mail account), then it doesn't display the packages at the bottom.

Yes, right now, the one-screen customer entry can only be used for some
sorts of packages - specifically those with a single service with table
svc_acct.  If you extend it to handle more complex situations, it would be
great if you could send your changes in.

You can, of course, order packages from the customer view screen, and
setup services from the package view screen.

> I would expect it to display all packages no matter how many services
> are assigned to them.

Nope.

>  It also might be nice to have a configurable number
> of packages to list (First package, Second package etc).

That's a good idea.

> The code that affects this behavior seems to be in
> /freeside/edit/cust_main.cgi around line 367 thru 389, but I haven't yet
> figured out exactly what's going on there or what should be happening.

Yes.  That's the code that pulls up packages that meet the criteria
outlined above (contain a single service with table svc_acct).

Now, with a real user interface, you would make that display the
appropriate number of ( username, domain or mail aliase ) form fields each
time you change the package selector.  Wouldn't be too hard to use.
With a web interface, though, you have to create all the form fields
up front, and don't get to change them on the fly.  I can't think of a
way to do this that isn't kludgy to the point of uselessness.  Hence
packages with a single service only.

Don't forget the processing in edit/process/cust_main.cgi 109-171 (though
quite possibly some of the logic here will move to
site_perl/cust_main.pm).

> I'm using mysql 3.22.23b, perl 5.004_04 and I've tried fs-1.2 and
> fs-current with the same effects.

Yep.  I expect it will behave like that until someone changes it.

--
Ivan Kohler <ivan at sisd.com> - finger for PGP key - <moc.dsis at navi> Relhok Navi
Open-source billing and administration for ISPs - http://www.sisd.com/freeside