[freeside] Tracking Radius Features & cistron mysql

Ivan Kohler ivan at sisd.com
Thu Jul 29 02:37:35 PDT 1999

On Thu, Jul 29, 1999 at 02:57:59AM -0600, Ben Leibig wrote:
> When I first ran FS-setup it asked me if there were any additional radius
> attributes I wanted to track.  Well, things have changed since then and I
> would like to add some.
>  Is there any way to do this without erasing my entire database and
> rerunning fs-setup?

You could modify the svc_acct and part_svc tables.

The svc_acct table gets additional fields for each radius attribute, with
`-' changed to `_' and `radius_' prepended, i.e. the radius attribute
`Radius-Attribute' becomes the field `radius_Radius_Attribute'.

The part_svc table gets `svc_acct__radius_Radius_Attribute' and
`svc_acct__radius_Radius_Attribute_flag'.

>  Has anyone had any luck getting freeside to run with cistron mysql.  How
> often do you export.  Every 5 minutes, every 24 hours?

If you have Cistron authenticating directly from MySQL, you can replicate
in real-time instead of exporting periodically.  See
<http://www.mysql.com/Manual_chapter/manual_Common_problems.html#Replication>.

>  Has any work been done on an automated signup for freeside?

Yes, a Freeside user contracted for this and it will be checked into CVS
shortly.

> Does anyone have a CGI script which changes a users password in the CGI
> database(i.e. a web version of fs-passwd)?

"CGI database" ?

A web version of the fs_passwd stuff would be nifty.

--
Ivan Kohler <ivan at sisd.com> - finger for PGP key - <moc.dsis at navi> Relhok Navi
Open-source billing and administration for ISPs - http://www.sisd.com/freeside