I think I have this down....

Tech Account techy at orac.hq.org
Thu Jul 15 09:08:32 PDT 1999

I'm trying to compile something to help people setup Freeside once they
have it installed. Forgive me if any of this seems obvious, from what
I have seen on the list, I'm not sure you can take anything for granted.
The following information I believe is accurate:

you must edit Conf.pm in site_perl to reflect the location of your
configurating files

One you have all of the configuration files (especially shells) you should
be ready to make freeside work

You must configure a pop if you are going to use pop's

You must configure at least one service TYPE

Packages may use the same service but have a different price, the service
will only determine how the accounts are setup

configure packages after you have done the service

before you add customers, put in referals, agent types and agents, be
sure to allow the agent to be able to sell the package or you can't
assign it to a customer

Most freeside error messages, no matter what they say, are problems
with not having added data in the correct order before tyring to
configure some part of the system

Perhaps this can be of help to someone.
Someday I hope to get my own installation working. :)

-Techy