[freeside] I think I have this down....

Frank Nazario nazario at pr-plaza.net
Thu Jul 15 10:08:36 PDT 1999

Tech Account wrote:

> I'm trying to compile something to help people setup Freeside once they
> have it installed. Forgive me if any of this seems obvious, from what
> I have seen on the list, I'm not sure you can take anything for granted.
> The following information I believe is accurate:
>
> you must edit Conf.pm in site_perl to reflect the location of your
> configurating files
>
> One you have all of the configuration files (especially shells) you should
> be ready to make freeside work
>
> You must configure a pop if you are going to use pop's
>
> You must configure at least one service TYPE
>
> Packages may use the same service but have a different price, the service
> will only determine how the accounts are setup
>
> configure packages after you have done the service
>
> before you add customers, put in referals, agent types and agents, be
> sure to allow the agent to be able to sell the package or you can't
> assign it to a customer
>
> Most freeside error messages, no matter what they say, are problems
> with not having added data in the correct order before tyring to
> configure some part of the system
>
> Perhaps this can be of help to someone.
> Someday I hope to get my own installation working. :)
>
> -Techy

thank you man....... what freeside needs at this point is exactly that ... a
setup and configuration program ( just like linux haves one... and it gets
simpler every day...).

even though im a firm believer that this programs once installed is a beauty
getting there is a reaaally rocky road...
thanks again....