[freeside] Question about imported data.

Ivan Kohler ivan at sisd.com
Sat Jul 17 00:11:51 PDT 1999

On Wed, Jul 14, 1999 at 12:18:39PM -0600, Tech Account wrote:

> I imported a number of users (730 or so)
> from an excel spreadsheet.
> I set them all to the same package, and this seems to have worked.
> However, even though I had created the package and services ahead of
> time, none of the customers packages have services attached.

Linking packages to services automatically is not trivial.  If your legacy
data was missing the necessary information, you'll need to link them
manually using the provided links on the package view screen.

> Adding them after the fact isn't helping, they still come up as having
> no services.

I can't parse this sentence.  What do you mean, specifically, by "adding
them"?  What are you adding or doing?  What do you expect to happen, and
exactly how is it behaving differently?

> This seems to be causing the bill command to fail.

No, billing is based on packages, not services.

"to fail" does not help me troubleshoot your problem.

> Can anyone tell me how to fix this?
> Also, is there a way to import data such that multiple entries for
> the same name simply get different packages?

You could fix your legacy data before feeding it to Freeside.

Alternatively, you could do this manually after importing.  I made some
modifications for Scott to delete a customer and move all their packages
to another customer.  They're only in the CVS tree and snapshots right
now, though I'll try to make a release soon.

--
Ivan Kohler <ivan at sisd.com> - finger for PGP key - <moc.dsis at navi> Relhok Navi
Open-source billing and administration for ISPs - http://www.sisd.com/freeside