Freeside

Ivan Kohler ivan at sisd.com
Thu Jul 16 01:41:54 PDT 1998

You need to setup .htaccess file appropriately.  Check the documentation
for Apache.  I'd remove them entirely (so as to avoid causing any furthur
crazy sysadmins) but it seems too dangerous.  I'll try to document that
better.

On Thu, 16 Jul 1998, Myfanwy Hawley wrote:

> Ivan and list,
>
> I am having some problems getting Freeside to work and I have almost gone
> crazy :)
>
> I have compiled everything (worked thru all the kinks and compiled and
> recompiled) and when trying to access it from the web pages it asks for my
> username and password then Authorisation fails with the error:
>
> Authorization Required
> This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document
> you requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad
> password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials
> required.
>
> Can anyone give me some clues with what is going wrong?
>
> System/software details: Irix 5.3, Apache, MySQL, Freeside 1.0
>
> Myfanwy Hawley
> Internet Services Engineer
>
> Helpdesk (08) 9380 2403 (after June 15 1998 call 9237 3007)
> AlphaWest ISP
> http://www.alphawest.net.au

Ivan Kohler <ivan at sisd.com> - finger for PGP key
Silicon Interactive Software Design - http://www.sisd.com/
Open source billing and administration for ISPs - http://www.sisd.com/freeside
20 4,16 * * * saytime # consciousness is the missing symmetry