.htaccess problem

Myfanwy Hawley Myfanwy.Hawley at alphawest.com.au
Thu Jul 16 17:44:36 PDT 1998

Well yes that cleared that up. As I have difficulties with .htaccess and
.htpasswd working - not too sure why, I have set it up on domains for now
just so I can get past this problems and on to the next.

Can someone give me a hand with .htpasswd? Here's the file config:
AuthUserFile /usr/local/blah/blah/blah/.htpasswd
AuthGroupFile /dev/null
AuthName        Freeside
AuthType        Basic
<Limit GET>
require valid-user
</Limit>

If I try and go to a page with an .htaccess like this and I put in my
username and password that I have done a htpasswd /blah/blah/blah/.htpasswd
username on then I get an authorisation error, just like the one I was
getting before I configured .htaccess.

Myfanwy Hawley
Internet Services Engineer

Helpdesk (08) 9380 2403 (after June 15 1998 call 9237 3007)
AlphaWest ISP
http://www.alphawest.net.au

http://www.sisd.com/freeside
20 4,16 * * * saytime # consciousness is the missing symmetry