[freeside-users] Freeside inventory

Larry Smith lesmith at ecsis.net
Tue Apr 2 05:58:56 PDT 2019

On Mon April 1 2019 15:26, Nathan Kennedy wrote:
> On Mon, 2019-04-01 at 09:33 -0500, Larry Smith wrote:
> > I can upload a list of MAC addressesand they are added to inventory
> > (under my section phones)but when I assign one to a customer/service
> > it is notmarked as assigned and still shows available.
>
> Hello Larry,
>
> In order to take items out of an inventory list and put them back you
> must use the list as the modifier for a field in the service you are
> using.
> To do this edit the service, click on the drop down box in the Modifier
> section for the field you want populated and select either Manual
> selection from inventory, or Automatically fill in from inventory then
> save the service.
> Now when you are provisioning the service you will be able to either
> select the item or have the field automatically populated from the
> Inventory list.  This will also show the item as being used and allow
> for accurate reporting using the Inventory reports.
>
> Cheers,

Nathan,

  Thanks, but the service I have is "voip" and is using svc_phone.
Under that there is nothing about "Device", but when I add the package
"voip" to a customer and go to configure, there is a selection between
the Phone information and the E911 information that says
 "Devices (add device)"

I found where to add the devices (Configuration, Services, Hardare Types)
and they show up, and when I select one it allows me to select a MAC address
that I loaded.  But I see no where to set this field (Devices) to use the
inventory I loaded.

 I am obviously missing something.

--
Larry Smith