[freeside-users] Freeside inventory

Nathan Kennedy nathan at nkent.us
Mon Apr 1 13:26:31 PDT 2019

On Mon, 2019-04-01 at 09:33 -0500, Larry Smith wrote:
> I can upload a list of MAC addressesand they are added to inventory
> (under my section phones)but when I assign one to a customer/service
> it is notmarked as assigned and still shows available.
Hello Larry,

In order to take items out of an inventory list and put them back you
must use the list as the modifier for a field in the service you are
using.
To do this edit the service, click on the drop down box in the Modifier
section for the field you want populated and select either Manual
selection from inventory, or Automatically fill in from inventory then
save the service.
Now when you are provisioning the service you will be able to either
select the item or have the field automatically populated from the
Inventory list.  This will also show the item as being used and allow
for accurate reporting using the Inventory reports.

Cheers,

--
Nathan Kennedy
Contracted Professional IT