[freeside-users] What happened to freeside4-jessie-stable?

Ernie Dunbar ernied at lightspeed.ca
Tue Apr 10 13:41:15 PDT 2018

This isn't an upgrade, it's a completely new install. I foresee this
being a problem with future new installs of Freeside for other people.

With that in mind, I have yet to reach the step by which freeside-lib is
held. There are no other held packages either - I've searched for that.

On 2018-04-10 01:32 PM, Nathan Kennedy wrote:
> On Tue, 2018-04-10 at 13:23 -0700, Ernie Dunbar wrote:
>> Has anyone else installed Freeside on Debian 9?
> Hello Ernie,
>
> I actually migrated my Freeside from a VM running Debian 8 to one
> running Debian 9 this morning. There is a part of the installation
> where it displays a conflict as the freeside packages depend on ssmtp
> and you have to go through a few of the options until you find one
> that installs freeside, removes exim and there is one other dependency
> that gets left unresolved as it depends on libev-perl which winds up
> breaking Apache.
>
> Also I saw that one of the messages was:
>
> Now that you have the dependencies installed you need to remove the
> hold from freeside-lib and then it should install properly.
>
> --
> Nathan Kennedy
> Contracted Professional IT
> (360) 637-1090
> https://www.nkent.us/

---
Lightspeed Communications and Dolphin Global Tel
VoIP, Web Hosting, Server Colocation, ADSL and Cable Internet
Systems and Operations department.
http://www.lightspeed.ca http://www.dolphintel.com
Tech Support: 604-482-1192 ext. 2