[freeside-users] Questions about Freeside features

Juan Luis Baptiste juan.baptiste at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 18:10:24 PST 2017

Hi Erreu,

On Sun, Jan 29, 2017 at 2:23 PM, Erreu Gedmon <eg at keyway.net> wrote:

> I'm a little confused. Some of these are listed right on the main page of
> the website, http://www.freeside.biz .

As you say, some of them, but not all (if you imply that all the features I
inquired for are available on Freeside). At this point we are evaluating
several different products so I haven't had the time to really dig into the
demo.

This morning I had some time to play with the backoffice demo and answered
some of my questions, like lead management, called Prospects on Freeside,
spanish localization, and the Operator portal could be the appointments
calendar on Freeside, good. But there are others that aren't that obvious
from reading the feature page or the documentation. Maybe I didn't explain
my self enough:

* Contract management, here I mean the management of customer contracts
with signing to avoid using paper.
* Hardware inventory, be able to centralize all of the ISP hardware
(routers, settop boxes,towers, antennas, radios, etc)
* support of different hardware types, like ftth, this one is related to
the previous one. Looking at the demo I found something called "Hardware
types", but I'm not sure how to use it, it seems to be a tool to describe
the different types of hardware you will be using ?
* Automatic deactivation of customer account for late payments, if the user
doesn't pay or go over his plan rates, automatically suspend their account.
Does this has to be integrated with a Radius server ?
* Documentation on Integration of 3rd party systems, for example, we have a
lot of experience with OTRS[1] as our ticket system and consider that is
more feature rich than RT, so it would be nice to know what would be needed
to use it instead of RT. Also as OTRS can be used as a hardware inventory
manager I could use it for that task too if Freeside can't.
* Providers on the cloud, so far the only one I can find is the one listed
on the website[2]

I will continue to explore the demo but I hope someone can answer these
general questions about Freeside features. We are a small team and some of
us don't have much experience on this field and are learning along the way,
so please excuse me if I do questions that maybe look stupid or vague.

[1] http://www.otrs.com
[2] http://freeside.biz/freeside/hosting.html

Cheers,

KEY FEATURES