[freeside-users] Install Upgrade Question Debian 8 FreeSide 3.8 - 3.9

Paul pmcnary at cameron.net
Fri Feb 5 18:42:56 PST 2016

Hello

I did a fresh install of Freeside 3.9 (I used 3.8 yesterday) on Debian 8.
Everything works as expected.
I want to add packages like Torrus.
So I downloaded freeside-3.9.tar.gz (3.8 yesterday)

Untarred it and went through upgrade instructions.
I made no changes to Makefile assuming Makefile was
the same as the one used to create the repository packages.
After the upgrade procedure, the web interface comes up as
raw html looking text.

Shouldn't I be able to upgrade from the tar package and
get a working Freeside? Then make changes to Makefile
to enable Torrus, Make timezone adjustments, etc?
What am I missing?

Please?
Thank you
Paul