[freeside-users] Install Upgrade Question Debian 8 FreeSide 3.8 - 3.9

Ivan Kohler ivan at freeside.biz
Tue Aug 16 15:26:28 PDT 2016

On Fri, Feb 05, 2016 at 08:42:56PM -0600, Paul wrote:
> Hello
>
> I did a fresh install of Freeside 3.9 (I used 3.8 yesterday) on Debian 8.
> Everything works as expected.
> I want to add packages like Torrus.
> So I downloaded freeside-3.9.tar.gz (3.8 yesterday)
>
> Untarred it and went through upgrade instructions.
> I made no changes to Makefile assuming Makefile was
> the same as the one used to create the repository packages.

The Makefile is not "used to create the repository packages".

The current automation we have for package building is in
bin/freeside-debian-releases.sh for now.

We might be making some changes to that in the medium-term future as
part of our automated testing / continuous integration implementation.

http://www.freeside.biz/mediawiki/index.php/Freeside:3:Documentation:Installation#Apache_.26_Web_GUI

--
Ivan Kohler
President and Head Geek