[freeside-users] Fresh install on Debian 8

Sam Tetherow tetherow at shwisp.net
Thu Dec 3 15:01:12 PST 2015

Having issues with a fresh install on Debian 8 (jessie).  I followed the
documentation and everything goes without a hitch (other than the
deprecation errors that Mason throws) until I get to the 'Apache & Web
GUI' section.

First off there is no freeside-base.conf, there is a freeside-base2.conf
and looking at the file it appears that it is meant to replace
freeside-base.conf ?  So I enabled it in place of freeside-base.  When I
attempt to restart the web server it segfaults though.  I can't get any
meaningful info out of the system beyond that.

The web server is working fine up until that section.  Given that it is
a segfault I would think it would be in relation to the mpm_prefork
module since it is in C vs the perl code for the freeside install, but
haven't been able to chase it any further since RT is requiring
mpm_prefork near as I can tell.

I guess my first question is, has anyone else run into this problem, if
not, has anyone installed on stock debian 8 recently?