[freeside-users] (no subject)

Ivan Kohler ivan at freeside.biz
Wed Aug 26 15:56:15 PDT 2015

On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 10:50:26PM +0000, werwereree wererf wrote:
> Freeside is  a very nice software but i feel that its missing one very
> small ingredient. It would be nice if Freeside would include the
> feature whereby if a unknown mac address attempts to go into the
> internet Freeside would redirect the user to a signup page i.e the
> Singup server.And if a customer has been suspended when he tries to
> access the internet again then he would be redirected (by Freeside) to
> the Self-service page/portal.I think that way Freeside will really
> automate things.
>
> I hope you will consider this feature.

This is a feature of a front-end hotspot or portal device, not Freeside.
Freeside is a back-office application, not a standalone hotspot or
portal.

You can use an existing hotspot or portal device with Freeside to
provide this functionality.  Freeside supplies the signup page for
setting up such a system as well as real-time credit card charging and
RADIUS provisioning.

--
Ivan Kohler
President and Head Geek, Freeside Internet Services, Inc.  http://freeside.biz/