[freeside-users] CoovaChilli and RADIUS integration

Ivan Kohler ivan at freeside.biz
Wed Aug 26 15:52:46 PDT 2015

On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 10:49:36PM +0000, werwereree wererf wrote:
> Hi.Firstly i must congratulate you all for the wonderful software
> that's Freeside.But i have one question.Can freeside use coovachilli
> attributes of WISPr-Bandwidth-Max-Down and WISPr-Bandwidth-Max-Down .
> I would like to use coovachilli as  a low cost nas.

Yes, you can use any RADIUS attributes with Freeside.  Setup RADIUS
groups, assign attributes to those groups (Configuration -> Services ->
RADIUS -> RADIUS groups), and then put your service definitions in the
appropriate groups (Configuration -> Services -> Service definitions).

I would suggest reading up on RADIUS and experimenting with the RADIUS
integration.

> How do i go about setting up the WISPr attributes such that they
> coincide with a give broadband package "speed_up" and "speed_down" .

If you're using RADIUS attributes, you set this up as per above, you
don't use "speed_up" and "speed_down" for this.

Hope that helps and the software can be useful for you!

--
Ivan Kohler
President and Head Geek, Freeside Internet Services, Inc.  http://freeside.biz/