[freeside-users] HOW TO Speed up Freeside Billing (freeside-daily)

Kajani Kaunda kajanikaunda at burcomw.com
Mon Sep 2 03:07:15 PDT 2013

Hello,

HOW TO Speed up Freeside Billing (freeside-daily)

I have the following installed:
freeside version 1.7.3.
Debian 5.0 Lenny
HTML::Mason
perl v5. 10.0
PostgreSQL 8.3.6
DBI
DBD::Pg

My question is: is there anything that can be done to speed up the processing of the Billing (Invoice generation for all customers) in Freeside? I have set up a cron job for the default freeside-daily script that runs the Billing, and it takes about 90 seconds to process a single Customer !?!. Are there any known issues about processing speed?.

It is possible I might have set up something wrongly ...looking forward to some help/ideas...

Kind Regards,
Kajani