[freeside-users] inventory item for cable modem serial number and mac address how to upload

Gilbert Rebeiro gilbert at dido.ca
Thu Dec 19 06:45:52 PST 2013

Hi,

I was able to upload my inventory file in cvs format into freeside.
The serial number did get imported but nothte model or mac address.
The file that I uploaded was of the format

serial_no,mac_address,model

Now when I try and provision a cable modem (service) to a package, I am
able to use a drop down for the serial number but I must choose the
model and the mac address needs to be entered in.

Looks like I am close but I don't know how to update the serial number
entries to have the mac address and model information.
so I can just choose the model number ideally and then have the drop
down only show the serial numbers that correspond to the model and have
the mac address automatically entered.

Is this possible?

Thanks,
Gilbert.