[freeside-users] A couple of getting started again questions:

Dave Burgess burgess at cynjut.com
Tue Oct 2 13:00:14 PDT 2012

On 9/30/2012 11:55 PM, Dave Burgess wrote:
> I'm using the latest FreeSide 2.3.3.
>
> I'm working on getting FreeSide with RT4 setup up.  I already have the
> RT4 instance up and running, but I'm just not seeing how to get
> FreeSide to connect to it.  RT-Internal is OK, but with my existing RT
> already in place and working, it seems like a lot of extra work. I
> don't need a lot of hand-holding, I'd just like to know where to
> start.  The Wiki talks about integration with an existing RT, but I
> can't figure out where to look to get the information I need to finish
> the connection.
>
> Next, I'm trying to write a CDR import for my VOIP provider.  I've got
> the .pm file written and integrated into the imports, but now the
> system is failing on a "missing formats entry" when I do the actual
> import.  I can't figure out where to initialize the format in the
> formats list for the CDR input.
>
> Finally, I'm trying to integrate Asterisk 1.8 into FreeSide.  The
> import fails when I extract the CDR CSV from the database. The page
> that talks about Asterisk integration points to the Asterisk cdr-mysql
> database page, but there's a step missing.  Do I need to add another
> CDR entry to Asterisk that fills the FreeSide cdr database?  I can do
> that, but if there's some easier way to make that happen, I'd rather
> do that.
>
> Any help at all would be great.

I'm still working on getting the RT4/Freeside connection working.

On the import - I figured out the problem and can now import CDR files
from my upstream provider.  I misspelled the date conversion function.
The vitelity.pm was what gave me the clue.

Ivan, I'll be sending you the .pm file as soon as I get all of the
fields completely lined up and trouble-shot.

I'm still wondering about the Asterisk 1.8/Freeside integration, but
with the CDR from the upstreams working, I may not care about that anymore.

--
Dave Burgess