[freeside-users] Installing 2.3.3 - Perl ver issue

Mike Cavanagh mcavanagh at xillient.com
Tue Aug 7 17:28:12 PDT 2012

Vlad,

Thanks for the quick reply.

freeside-setup complains it needs minimum version 1.42 of the
Locale-SubCountry package.

I did try version 1.51 before posting, but that did not work.  It returns a
fatal error in freeside-setup about invalid code for Macedonia.

However, atfer trying 1.41, I decided to try 1.42 (the min level required).

1.42 works with the following "warnings":

          Use of uninitialized value $FS::Record::money_char in regexp
compilation at /usr/local/share/perl5/FS/Record.pm line 2259.

                   (repeats 51 times)

Invalid country code: AX chosen at
/usr/local/share/perl5/Locale/SubCountry.pm line 529.

          (repeats 18 times for countries:  BL, BQ, CW, GG, HK, IM, JE, ME,
MF, NC, PF, PW, RE, RS, SM, SS, TX, TO)

No idea what the first warning is about, but the countries we can do without
unless it will cause some error down the road.

Thanks for the tip on 1.41.

Mike