[freeside-users] RT Missing Formatting

Ivan Kohler ivan at freeside.biz
Tue Nov 22 18:31:07 PST 2011

On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 01:41:23AM -0600, Brian Booker wrote:

> New installation. RT is missing its formatting.  I have no
> 'main-squished.css' in /freeside/rt/NoAuth/css/freeside2.1/

Neither does anyone else.  This is generated from main.css on-the-fly by
rt/NoAuth/css/dhandler

> Some searching turned up a reference to double "//" in the page source,
> which I do have in my installation.

I don't think this is the problem.

> Apache shows the error:
>
> fatal: Can't get REMOTE_USER! for cgi CGI=HASH(0x34efb040) - you need to
> setup Apache user authentication

This makes me suspect htetc/freeside-rt.conf was not installed, does not have
%%%FREESIDE_DOCUMENT_ROOT%%% substituted correctly, or is otherwise not taking
effect correctly.

Remove any manual edits from httpd.conf, make sure APACHE_CONF and
FREESIDE_DOCUMENT_ROOT are set correctly in the Makefile, and run
"make install-apache"