[freeside-users] Problems upgrading 1.9 to 2.1

Sebastian Val miamiseb at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 16:12:34 PDT 2010

Hi all, I'm attempting an upgrade from 1.9 to 2.1. I've done the following
aptitude install gcc libmodule-versions-report-perl libtext-wikiformat-perl
libhttp-server-simple-mason-perl libxml-rss-perl libnet-server-perl
libhtml-rewriteattributes-perl libdata-ical-perl libperlio-eol-perl
libgnupg-interface-perl libfile-sharedir-perl libcgi-pm-perl
libmime-types-perl libdate-ical-perl libdatetime-set-perl
libhook-lexwrap-perl libcalendar-simple-perl libsoap-lite-perl libpoe-perl
libipc-run-safehandles-perl
which failed to install 3 packages as follows:
Couldn't find any package whose name or description matched
"libhttp-server-simp
le-mason-perl"
Couldn't find any package whose name or description matched
"libhtml-rewriteattributes-perl"
Couldn't find any package whose name or description matched
"libipc-run-safehand
les-perl"
I installed those via CPAN without issue.
Ran "make install-perl-modules" and it completed successfully without error.
su to freeside and ran "freeside-upgrade admin" where the below error
message was generated. It had already done quite a bit of mysql stuff at
that point, but it seems that my existing installation is still functioning.
Any ideas? Thanks!
Exact error message:
---START---
DBD::mysql::db do failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the
manual               that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the
right syntax to use near               'condition varchar(80) NOT NULL  ,
  op varchar(80) NULL  ,
  params varchar(255)' at line 7 [for Statement "CREATE TABLE
h_cgp_rule_conditi              on (
  historynum INTEGER NOT NULL  AUTO_INCREMENT,
  history_date int NULL  ,
  history_user varchar(80) NOT NULL  ,
  history_action varchar(80) NOT NULL  ,
  ruleconditionnum INT NULL  ,
  condition varchar(80) NOT NULL  ,
  op varchar(80) NULL  ,
  params varchar(255) NULL  ,
  rulenum int NOT NULL  ,
  PRIMARY KEY (historynum)
)
TYPE=InnoDB"] at /usr/local/bin/freeside-upgrade line 94.

---END---

- Using freeside stable version freeside-2.1.0.tar.gz
Other system stats are as follows:
Debian GNU/Linux 5.0
mysqld  Ver 5.0.51a-24+lenny4 for debian-linux-gnu on i486 ((Debian))
Summary of my perl5 (revision 5 version 10 subversion 0) configuration:
 perl -MDBI -e 'print "$DBI::VERSION\n"'
1.611
 perl -MDBI::DBD -e 'print "$DBI::DBD::VERSION\n"'
12.013612
 perl -MDBD::mysql -e 'print "$DBD::mysql::VERSION\n"'
4.014
Nothing relevant in apache logs.