[freeside-users] freeside-daily question

Gerald Livingston gerald.freeside at sysmatrix.net
Tue Apr 27 17:57:54 PDT 2010

Freeside 1.5.8 running on Debian Linux

I run freeside-daily just after midnight like this from crontab:

05 0 * * *  freeside /usr/local/bin/freeside-daily -d 23:59:59 user

The -d 23:59:59 is because I discovered (long ago) some accounts have a
billing time other than 00:00:00 (it appears to be from an old import)
and they were getting missed completely because their billing time
hadn't passed on the day it was run (at midnight) and on the following
day it skipped them because they were set to be billed "yesterday".

Now, my first-of-month billing has gotten large enough that it is no
longer completing before my credit card processor does its daily settle
so I want to start the billing BEFORE midnight each day and I'm
wondering how freeside-daily batches/forks the command processes.

If I use:

00 23 * * * freeside /usr/local/bin/freeside-daily -d 23:59:59 -y 1

at 23:00 on April 30th what happens when the actual system clock rolls
past 23:59:59 into May 1st? Will the billing processes that have not
yet completed continue to behave as if the billing date is May 1st or
will they behave as if it is May 2nd (called n May 1st with the -y 1
rather than on April 30th with -y 1) and get skipped because they were
set to be billed on May 1st?

Thanks,

Gerald