[freeside-users] Install 1.9 on CentOS 5.3 DBD::mysql::db do failed

Jamuel P. Starkey jamuel at hcvoip.com
Wed Oct 14 08:43:10 PDT 2009

Hi,

New to freeside so I appologize in advance if this is an easy fix  . . .

When running (as user freeside) after installing from source and
following the howto at
http://www.freeside.biz/mediawiki/index.php/Freeside:1.9:Documentation:Installation

:

$ freeside-setup -d hcvoip.com

DBD::mysql::db do failed: BLOB/TEXT column 'job' used in key
specification without a key length [for Statement "CREATE  INDEX
h_queue3 ON h_queue ( job )"] at /usr/bin/freeside-setup line 110.
CREATE error: BLOB/TEXT column 'job' used in key specification without a
key length
doing statement: CREATE  INDEX h_queue3 ON h_queue ( job ) at
/usr/bin/freeside-setup line 110.

I believe the offending SQL is:

CREATE  INDEX h_queue3 ON h_queue ( job )

I'm not really familiar with modifying DBI so I thought I'd first :)

This install was attempted from v1.9.1 on CentOS 5.3 with a MySQL backend.

Thanks!

JPS