[freeside-users] Upgrading from 1.5.7 to 1.7.3

Amitay Isaacs amitay at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 21:30:14 PDT 2009

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 7:32 AM, Ivan Kohler <ivan at freeside.biz> wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 08, 2009 at 03:46:22PM +1100, Amitay Isaacs wrote:
> > Hi Freeside users,
> >
> > I am trying to upgrade the freeside database running 1.5.7 to newer
> > installation of freeside 1.7.3.
> >
> > Following the instructions on the wiki page
> > Freeside:1.7:Documentation:Upgrading, I modified
> > the cust_pay_batch, h_cust_pay_batch and cust_main tables.
> >
> > When I am trying to do the next step, freeside-upgrade, I get following
> > errors
> >
> > DBD::Pg::db do failed: ERROR:  column "batchnum" contains null values at
> > /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/DBIx/DBSchema.pm line 338.
> > Error: ERROR:  column "batchnum" contains null values
> >  executing: ALTER TABLE cust_pay_batch ALTER batchnum SET NOT NULL at
> > /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/DBIx/DBSchema.pm line 338.
>
> You can't upgrade while you have a pending batch out there.  Finish the
> batch (upload results), make sure the cust_pay_batch table is empty,
> then run the upgrade.
>
> If you don't actually use batching and cust_pay_batch just contains
> test records, delete everything from that table and then run the
> upgrade.

Thanks for the help. I have made sure there are no records in the
cust_pay_batch table and
ran freeside-upgrade again. This time I get the same error for
h_cust_pay_batch. I understand that h_cust_pay_batch hold the batch payment
history. I can upgrade the database if I delete everything from the table.
How do I upgrade the database maintaining the history?

Is there a way to reimport the h_cust_pay_batch data after upgrade?

Amitay Isaacs.