[freeside-users] RT (Internal) Configuration

Remorque odhiambo at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 12:38:12 PDT 2009

Hello list,

I am a newcomer to Freeside. I have just installed it on FreeBSD after
reading for 3 days. I am running 1.7.3 on FreeBSD 7.1-RELEASE, with
Apache22+modperl2, Perl 5.8.8, MySQL-5.1.3x, and all the perl modules are
undoubtedly the latest.
I'd have loved to disable the included RT for now, but I could not find the
file mentioned for this purpose.
Based on reading
http://www.freeside.biz/mediawiki/index.php/Freeside:1.7:Documentation:Installation,
it says, on the 3rd last line that I can install the integrated RT ticketing
system or delete the ticket_system file from the configuration directory -
/usr/local/etc/freeside/conf.datasrc. I could not find this file, and
neither could grep for ticket_system help me find it. So I decided to go
with it and run the RT, but now one major problem comes up: When I go to
Ticketing Main to configure RT, I cannot find the mentioned "Configuration"
button for RT! I am familiar with RT so configuring it will not be a
problem, but why does the Configuration link not display? (firefox 3.0.7 and
IE8-RC).

Out of curiosity, I also wanted to find out when rt-3.8.2 is likely to be
imported into Freeside.

If there is more information I need to provide, I'll be happy to.

Thank you.

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,