[freeside-users] Integrated RT Installation Woes

Kristian Hoffmann khoff at fire2wire.com
Tue May 27 10:34:38 PDT 2008

It looks like you have postgresql's pg_hba.conf file configured with the
default ident authentication method.  Using those settings, your UNIX
user must equal your postgresql user when you connect to the database.
Since you're logged in as root, but trying to connect as freeside,
you're getting the "Ident authentication failed..." error.

Try running "make create-rt" as the freeside user (not sure if this
needs to be run as root or not), or double check your pg_hba.conf file.
Perhaps you didn't restart postgresql after changing your pg_hba.conf
file?

Regards,

--
Kristian Hoffmann
System Administrator
khoff at fire2wire.com
http://www.fire2wire.com

Office - 209-543-1800 | Fax - 209-545-1469 | Toll Free - 800-905-FIRE