[freeside-users] Integrated RT Installation Woes

Muiz Motani mmotani at webnetglobal.net
Tue May 27 10:27:05 PDT 2008

I am trying to install Freeside 1.7.3 on CentOS with Postgres 8.1.11-1.
I have installed freeside itself successfully under the freeside user. I
am following the instructions in the wiki at
http://www.freeside.biz/mediawiki/index.php/Freeside:1.7:Documentation:RT_ Installation to install RT. The "make create-rt" step returns the following errors:

rt/sbin/rt-setup-database --dba 'freeside' \
-dba-password 'freeside ' \                                   -action
schema \          || true DBI
connect('dbname=freeside;host=localhost','freeside',...) failed: FATAL:
Ident authentication failed for user "freeside" at
rt/sbin/rt-setup-database line 173 Failed to connect to
dbi:Pg:dbname=template1;host=localhost as freeside: FATAL:  Ident
authentication failed for user "freeside" at rt/sbin/rt-setup-database
line 173. rt/sbin/rt-setup-database --action insert_initial \         &&
rt/sbin/rt-setup-database --action insert --datafile
        /opt/rt3/etc/initialdata \ || true [Tue May 27 05:25:21 2008]
[crit]: Connect Failed FATAL:  Ident authentication failed for user
"freeside"  at rt/sbin/rt-setup-database line 394
 (/opt/rt3/lib/RT.pm:295) Connect Failed FATAL:  Ident authentication
failed for user "freeside"  at rt/sbin/rt-setup-database line 394

I am running this as root. I have checked the password for the freeside
user in Postgres and confirmed that the password setting in
rt/etc/RT_Config.pm is correct. I have also followed the advice in the
wiki to edit pg_hba.conf settings for local authentication.

None of this has seemed to work to solve the problem I would really
appreciate some help with this.

Any Ideas?

Regards,

Muiz Motani