[freeside-users] Processing error log file?

Gerald V Livingston II gerald.freeside at sysmatrix.net
Tue May 6 18:36:25 PDT 2008

Ivan Kohler wrote:
> On Sat, May 03, 2008 at 09:52:14AM -0500, Gerald V Livingston II wrote:
>> Still using Freeside 1.5.8
>
> That's... interesting.
>
> Certianly not outside the realm of possibility that Authorize.net is now
> requiring additional transaction data than what we sent for transactions
> back then.  One would think their error message would be somewhat more
> informative in that case.
>
>> Where would I find a record of what is happening when I get the following.
>>
>> AuthorizeNet error: An error occurred during processing. Please try again.
>
> Everything after "AuthorizeNet error:" is the error message coming back
> from Authorize.net.
>
>> I am logged in to my Authorize.Net web interface and I see no downtime
>> announcements.
>
> You seem to feel this correlates accurately to actual Authorize.net
> problems.  I don't find that to be the case.
>
>> Billing ran fine 10 hours ago. Now I can't process
>> payments and I can't find a log file of why.
>
> There is no additional information in a log file.  You are sending
> transactions to Authorize.net and they are replying with an error: "An
> error occurred during processing. Please try again.".
>
> You probably need to contact your processor, not the Freeside mailing
> list, to determine why they are suddently rejecting your transactions.

And, you are correct. They were down. Lasted a couple of hours then
started working again. Received the same error directly on their web
interface when I tried to void a $1.00 Auth-Only card verification
charge from earlier in the day.

But, my question, a bit more clearly worded, was:

Are these errors logged somewhere for immediate review (so I can re-read
the exact wording of the error) since they are unavailable after leaving
the error page?

Jason answered that question.

Thanks