[freeside-users] Processing error log file?

Ivan Kohler ivan at freeside.biz
Tue May 6 12:35:23 PDT 2008

On Sat, May 03, 2008 at 09:52:14AM -0500, Gerald V Livingston II wrote:
> Still using Freeside 1.5.8

That's... interesting.

Certianly not outside the realm of possibility that Authorize.net is now
requiring additional transaction data than what we sent for transactions
back then.  One would think their error message would be somewhat more
informative in that case.

> Where would I find a record of what is happening when I get the following.
>
> AuthorizeNet error: An error occurred during processing. Please try again.

Everything after "AuthorizeNet error:" is the error message coming back
from Authorize.net.

> I am logged in to my Authorize.Net web interface and I see no downtime
> announcements.

You seem to feel this correlates accurately to actual Authorize.net
problems.  I don't find that to be the case.

> Billing ran fine 10 hours ago. Now I can't process
> payments and I can't find a log file of why.

There is no additional information in a log file.  You are sending
transactions to Authorize.net and they are replying with an error: "An
error occurred during processing. Please try again.".

You probably need to contact your processor, not the Freeside mailing
list, to determine why they are suddently rejecting your transactions.