[freeside-users] modifying date range printed on invoices

Ivan Kohler ivan at freeside.biz
Tue May 6 12:04:59 PDT 2008

On Tue, May 06, 2008 at 11:51:39AM -0700, Kristian Hoffmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> IIRC, the monthly interval is based on the number of the seconds in the
> year (365.2422*24*60*60 = 2629743.84 seconds) divided by 12 months
> (2629743.84 / 12 = 30.43685 days).  So, in freeside 1 month is really
> 30.43685 days.  As far as day of month is concerned, sometimes that
> takes you from the 1st to the 1st, other times it takes you from the 1st
> to the 31st.  Either way, you get 12 even billing intervals per year.

Huh?  Gosh no, I don't think things *ever* worked like that.  Where did
you get that idea?

When you're doing monthly anniversary billing, the system adds one exact
month, no matter the length of the month.  Not 30.43685 days.

It would probably take a small patch to format the invoices differently.
Hopefully, a patch that had a configuration option to turn it on and
one that was send back to the project for inclusion.  :)

I wouldn't see any database "hack" or change being involved.