[freeside-users] How can I read exit status with custom shellcommands export?

Cal cal361 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 10 09:31:57 PST 2008

I have a command line PHP script that I am using to add users to google apps.

I tried to make the script look and act as much like useradd as
possible. It uses the same option formatting and even exits with the
same exit status as useradd would on errors. However, even failed
commands appear to Freeside as successful and as such we get no error
reporting.

I have even gone as far as to make every error exit with status 9 and the error message "useradd: user ing123 exists"

I have verified on the command line that the exit status is indeed greater than 0 when errors occur.

Can someone please give me a clue as to what I am doing wrong?