[freeside-users] Plesk or CPanel users?

Charles Sprickman spork at bway.net
Fri Aug 29 20:13:13 PDT 2008

Hi all,

Just curious if anyone here is using either of these web-hosting control
panels with Freeside.  I'm going to be ordering a license for one of them
soon to replace our current screwy setup - client demand and all.

I see that there are exports for both, but they are only lightly
documented and I'm not even certain they work with the current release of
each CP.  I've not installed a CPanel trial yet since it's time-limited,
but Plesk seems to offer a ton of knobs for it's command line interface,
so writing a little script to add/delete/suspend would not be too tough.

We only want to offer a few "bundles" with whichever package we choose,
and we won't be using the mail component, just DNS and web stuff.  So each
bundle would be the same thing but with differing amounts of storage,
transfer, dbs, etc.

I'd love to hear from anyone else running either package with Freeside
doing at least the initial provisioning...

Thanks,

Charles

___
Charles Sprickman