[freeside-users] Initial svc_domain setup?

Steven Ball hamster at snurkle.net
Wed Mar 28 18:29:37 PDT 2007

Yeah, this confused me too.  Basically, someone has to have 'bought'
the domain for it to show up as an option when you sell a customer
something that requires a domain.  So, what they mean in the docs is,
goto your 'system account', and sell it a package which has a
svc_domain service, and then when you sell a different customer a
svc_acct, that domain will show up as an option.  So, if you are
'foobar.com', sell yourself the foobar.com domain (you can make the
package free or complementary billing or whatnot so it wont invoice),
and then you can sell customers somename at foobar.com.  Make sense?

Optionally, you can sell an actual customer a domain, and then be
able to sell a svc_acct based package using that domain.

Hope that helps somewhat.

-Steve