[freeside-users] Encryption

Steven Ball hamster at snurkle.net
Fri Mar 16 13:44:01 PDT 2007

Hello again,

Working on getting this system all working,  but I have run into
another snag.

I am trying to get encryption of CC info working.  I tend to be
paranoid about having this kind of data around, so I would sleep
easier knowing it is at least somewhat protected :)

I followed the instructions in the Wiki in regards to setting up
encryption using Crypt::OpenSSL::RSA

The first thing I note is that the code given to produce a public/
private key seems to be the wrong way around:

print "Public:\n". $rsa->get_private_key_string();
print "Private:\n". $rsa->get_public_key_string();

(ie, it prints 'Public' but then gives the private key, and vice
versa, is this correct?)

The error I get is:

unrecognized key format at /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8/FS/Record.pm
line 2028

I tried swapping the public/private keys around, just for giggles,
but that leads to:

Can't locate object method "new_public_key" via package
"Crypt::OpenSSL::RSA" at /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8/FS/Record.pm
line 2028.

I have the module installed, via CPAN:

"Crypt::OpenSSL::RSA is up to date (0.24)."

I am running Freeside 1.7.2 on a Debian 'testing' box.

Any hints again?

Thanks!

-Steve