[freeside-users] upgrade database

Damon Vincent damon at ourcomputershop.com
Mon Jun 25 09:13:23 PDT 2007

While trying to upgrade to 7.3 using instructions in the wiki I had some
issues with the database update and think I still am missing tables.
The command [freeside-upgrade username] seemed to run however the
changes to the schema were not actually being implimented.  The fix was
to run the script as follows:
[freeside-upgrade -d username > dbupdatefile] and then manually dump the
dbupdatefile to psql [psql -f dbupdatefile].  I still think there are
issue with my schema and wondered if someone could give me a quick
rundown of what is happening with the freeside-upgrade.  I can tell it
is comparing the existing schema to a template but any details would be
helpfull.

I added a comment to the wiki which I can remove if that is
appropriate.  I was tryingt to be helpfull but I think I need to better
document the issue first here I guess.