[freeside-users] RT Errors

Gerald V. Livingston II gerald.freeside at sysmatrix.net
Mon Feb 26 03:49:12 PST 2007

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 05:11:29 -0500 "Sales at MichianaWireless.Com"
<Sales at MichianaWireless.Com> wrote:

> I am running freeside 1.5.8
> HTML::Mason
> All modules listed on the RT page are installed.
> Fedora core 5
>
> After enabling internal RT I can no longer goto sysadmin and edit the
> configuration to even disable it. I get the following error:
>
> error:  ERROR: relation "queues" does not exist
> executing SELECT id, name FROM queues WHERE disabled = 0 at
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/FS/TicketSystem/RT_External.pm line 222.

And to fix this until you get the database initialized go to:

/usr/local/etc/freeside/conf.DBI:Pg:dbname=freeside/

and delete the file called "ticket_system".

My problem with RT is that the initialize-databse step fails with a
"database already exists" error rather than simply adding the RT schema to
the existing database.

I didn't set it up when first installing Freeside because there was an
issue with the way Debian Linux sets defaults for pgSQL user login
security. Now that I try to add it later it gripes about the database
already being there and won't add the RT tables and data.

Not that important to us. I'll play with it again later ... maybe.

Gerald