[freeside-users] PROVISIONING PREPAID CARDS

Jeff Finucane jeff at cmh.net
Sun Dec 30 10:24:17 PST 2007

"Madalitso Mzandu" <amzandu at gmail.com>
   wrote on Sun, 30 Dec 2007 19:58:09 +0200....

+----------
| From: "Madalitso Mzandu" <amzandu at gmail.com>
| To: freeside-users at sisd.com
| Subject: [freeside-users] PROVISIONING PREPAID CARDS
|
| I am still testing freeside ver 1.7.2 .
|
| Can someone please point me in the right direction on how to provision
| prepaid cards to a Freeradius MySql database. This is what I have done so
| far:
|
| 1. Added a FreesideStatus field to my raddact.
| 2. Uncommented the freeside-sqlradius-radacctd in the init.d script.
| 3. Created an sqlradius export with the appropriate connection information.
|
| However when I generate prepaid cards, they don't seem to export to the
| freeradius database.
+----------

Perhaps you misunderstand.  Freeside does not provision prepaid cards
to the freeradius mysql database.  It does not export the prepaid cards.

Assuming your freeside machine has the name FREESIDE, you can visit
http://FREESIDE/freeside/search/prepay_credit.html to view your existing
cards and export them as a CSV, Excel, etc.  Then you can make physical
cards with the data if you like.

When a customer visits the self-service pages, they may recharge their
accounts with the prepaid cards.

You may also use the backend to recharge a customer's service by visiting
the package listing of any customer and clicking the 'Recharge' link in
the services column.  For a service to be rechargeable, it must be a
svc_acct type service and have a usage value which is not blank.

jeff at cmh.net

"There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does
 not want merely because you think it would be good for him."

 Professor Bernardo de le Paz
  [ R.A. Heinlein -- "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress" ]