[freeside-users] freeside-sqlradius-radacctd complainig about svc_acct record

Ivan Kohler ivan at sisd.com
Mon Dec 3 13:41:31 PST 2007

On Tue, Dec 04, 2007 at 12:29:33AM +0300, M. Stephen wrote:
> I think freeside-sqlradius-radacctd is complainig as "no
> svc_acct record found" because freeside sends the username
> to freeside database as xxx at yyy.zzz but the internal
> stored UseRName is xxx. So when
> freeside-sqlradius-radacctd check record detail from
> radacct in freeradius database and compare to username in
> svc_acct, it finds no record as the usernames are
> different.
>
> Is there a way to store the names in svc_acct table in the
> form of xxx at yyy.zzz?

No.  Usernames ("xxx") are stored in the svc_acct table, and domains
("yyy.zzz") are stored in the svc_domain table.

If you aren't finding the accounting records because your RADIUS server
stores them differently than the ones we've written the support against,
modify the lookup to find records the way Freeside stores them: Lookup
the domain in svc_domain, then lookup the svc_acct with username and
domsvc set to the svcnum of the domain you found.

Don't kludge username at domain into the svc_acct.username field.

For bonus points, make your changes conditional on a configuration
option (so as not to disturb the default operation) and submit them as a
patch for inclusion in the next release (diff -u format preferred).

HTH.