[freeside-users] Canadian taxes, payment methods

Aaron Smith aaronsmith384 at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 13 05:33:30 PDT 2007

Is there a way in Freeside to set-up Canadian taxes to work properly?Background: we have two taxes, one of which (GST - 6%) is always charged, and the other (PST) varies from province to province. The requirements are:1. They need to be shown separately. 2.
GST is simple, we always charge it on the subtotal. However, depending
on the province, PST is charged only on some items. For example, for
Ontario, one would charge PST only for modem rental and not ADSL
service, whereas in other provinces, this is different.3. The PST rate varies from province to province (e.g. Ontario 8%, Quebec 7.5%)4. Depending on the province, PST is either charged on the subtotal (e.g. Ontario), or charged on subtotal+GST (e.g. Quebec)5. The correct PST is applied depending on the customer's service addressAlso, are there plans to add EFT (our version of ACH) and EMT (e-mail money transfer) payment methods?For
EFT, it's a matter of changing the fields to match our format as it's
otherwise identical to ACH. For EMT, we need to keep track of a date,
amount, e-mail address, and reference number only, and it's otherwise a manual process, like posting cash/cheque.Are there any users out there who are successfully using Freeside with such a setup? I'm willing to pay for development if this is currently impossible.Thanks,Aaron