[freeside-users] fs-migrate-cust_tax_exempt not migrating the majority of entries

Cal cal361 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 25 16:37:11 PDT 2007

I must correct myself.  I have twice said 1.5.7, when
I should have said 1.5.8.  Thanks for bringing this to
my attention.

Off topic questions get off topic answers.

Here is what I would suggest.

Create a dd image of your server.
Convert that dd image to vmware drive using qemu-img
Create a base virtual machine
Manually change the virtual machine config file to
point ide0:0 to your newly made vmware drive
Start your virtual machine.

You can now safely make any upgrades and changes you
want in your new virtual machine and still have not
only your original machine to work with, but a fresh
backup of that system as well.

I operate Freeside strictly as a VM for easy backup
and recovery.

For instance, the worst case scenario for me today is
I can't run my billing because of the failed upgrade.
Thanks to virtual machines I'll just revert to the
system before.  No harm, no foul.